"Members Empowering Industry Growth"
To benefit Southern California’s construction professionals by providing labor relations, legislative advocacy, and membership services for Union Contractors and Affiliated construction industry service providers.
SCCA represents your interests in every area of your business. We regularly appear before local, state and federal agencies, boards, commissions, regulators, trusts and unions on behalf of our members—saving them millions of dollars since 1974. Our forward-thinking members have helped to found and participate as members of every significant industry effort in Southern California.
- SCCA is the founding association of the Operating Engineers Alternative Dispute Resolution Trust (ADR), which will lower your cost of workers' compensation insurance. We also participate in the Laborers, Cement Masons, Ironworkers and Carpenters ADR programs for our members.
- SCCA is the Southern California Chapter of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association, an active member of the Clean Water Construction Coalition, an organization dedicated to improving water quality in our state and to obtain full funding for the federal Clean Water Act.
- SCCA is a founding member of the Construction Industry Air Quality Coalition (CIAQC) that helps shape regulations so that contractors can continue to operate their businesses within a more reasonable set of air quality rules than those originally proposed.
- SCCA is a founding member of the Construction Industry Coalition on Water Quality (CICWQ) that work on regulations from the state and regional water quality control board regulations.
- SCCA is a founding member of the Southern California Partnership for Jobs (SCPFJ) who's focus is to advocate for projects in the Southern California area and pursue responsible investment in public infrastructure projects to help fix our aging transportation networks, water, sewer and storm drain systems, while building for our future needs and economic growth.